Changes Are Constent

Changing interests and focuses in our lives make life more interesting and FUN. With that in mind I have added a couple more blogs: Preschool Learning Adventure and Mama's Reading Nook both are linked to Primarily A Mama blog. This will stay as my main page, but the others you can access through the tabs above. I will make excerpt posts here for each post written on the other blogs and link them so you can just click and go. I hope this will help keep things better organized and clean looking for myself and all of you.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Lesson

This is an idea I have for Family Home Evening this coming Monday.
The past couple years I have been in a Christmas Funk - not Scrooge type, I love Christmas - but I can't get out of this rut. This lesson will be more for me.

I found this article and will read it to my children

A Christmas Message from the First Presidency to the Children of the World: “Follow Me”

At this holy season, when we celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, we extend our love and special greetings to children everywhere. We bear witness that Jesus of Nazareth, born of Mary on a joyful night long ago, is the Savior of all mankind. We pray for the peace that only He can give.
For nearly 2,000 years Jesus Christ has been an inspiration to countless millions. The Christmas spirit is the Spirit of Christ. It makes our hearts glow with brotherly love and friendship and prompts us to kind deeds of service. Love for God our Father, for Jesus Christ, and for one another should be the Christmas theme now and always. During His earthly ministry, the Savior blessed the sick; He caused the lame to walk, the blind to see, the deaf to hear. He even raised the dead to life.
Through the ages, His message has always been the same: “Follow me.” As we follow in His steps today, we, too, have opportunities to bless the lives of others. Chances to render service come to everyone. Whom can you help this Christmas? Who awaits your visit?
There is yet time this year to extend your helping hand and loving heart to some of our Heavenly Father’s children. As we serve Him in this way, we are surely following His Son.
May the Christmas season find love and a desire to help others abiding in our hearts and homes. And when the Christmas observance is over and we are filled with the Spirit of Him whose birth we celebrate, let us continue to follow Him.
President Ezra Taft Benson
President Gordon B. Hinckley, First Counselor
President Thomas S. Monson, Second Counselor

I found a small box, that I will wrap up and have on our table. (Since my children had their birthdays not to long ago they might get this.)
This week we celebrate the birthday of someone very important. Who would that person be? Show a picture of The Nativity
Just like out birthdays, where we received presents from family and friends, we need to remember to give some gifts to Jesus.
What do you think Jesus would like from us for His birthday present?
As we serve each other, are kind to each other, and live our lives the way he has shown and told us (through prophets), We will be giving Jesus the best present we can.

For the rest of the week, as we do nice things for each other, either write or draw what you have done and put in this box. On Christmas as we open up our presents, we will also open Jesus' present and see what each of us gave to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you soooo much for this amazing FHE lesson!! I'm going to use it tomorrow! And next year I want to use it for the first FHE in December! What a great way to remind our kids (and ourselves) of why we really celebrate Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we were going to decorate christmas cookies in primary today, but last night read your post and knew I needed to quickly changed my plans. The kids loved wrapping a present for Jesus, and since we were doing the "warm fuzzy" idea since last conference, they knew exactally what the project was for!

    Thanks so much for your idea!
    Julie Kyer
    Bradshaw Ward, Prescott, AZ

    ReplyDelete

Contact

I have changed emails, just for this blog. If you would like to contact me, for any reason, please email me at PrimaryMama.Sunday@gmail.com
PrimaryMama{dot}Sunday{at}gmail{dot}com