Changes Are Constent

Changing interests and focuses in our lives make life more interesting and FUN. With that in mind I have added a couple more blogs: Preschool Learning Adventure and Mama's Reading Nook both are linked to Primarily A Mama blog. This will stay as my main page, but the others you can access through the tabs above. I will make excerpt posts here for each post written on the other blogs and link them so you can just click and go. I hope this will help keep things better organized and clean looking for myself and all of you.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Temple Blessings Unite Families. August 2009 week 1

THE TEMPLE IS THE HOUSE OF GOD
Show the picture of the house.
Ask: Who's house could this belong to? (try get get answers like this: own, neighbor, friends, grandparents)
Ask: How do you act in these different types of houses?

"Homes are different for different people. Some children live in houses made of brick, others in houses made of wood. Homes can be apartments, simple huts, even boats.

Whatever your home looks like, the most important thing about it is what is found inside. If a house if filled with love and kindness, it is a beautiful place.

Have you ever wondered what Heavenly Father’s house in heaven looks like? We can only imagine how wonderful it is.

Heavenly Father also wants to have a beautiful house here upon the earth where we can visit and feel His love. He has commanded us to build houses for Him where we can hear His messages and receive important blessings. These houses are called temples. It is in God’s temple that we may best worship and make important covenants, or promises, with Him."

Show a picture of the Temple. (Any will do, but I find the temple that is closest to you, the children recognize and means more to them.)
Ask: Who's house does this belong too?
Ask: How do we act in this house?

Let's learn more about the Temple.

Because each temple is a holy place, those who enter the temple must be worthy. They must keep Heavenly Father’s commandments. In this way love, beauty, and holiness will continue to be found there.

What is a Temple: Make word strips to place round the temple.

For Jr. Primary us the idea found in the August 2009 Friend, and let them find the answer by singing "I Love To See the Temple"

For Sr. Primary have them read scriptures to find the answers.

Word Strips:

  1. House of Prayer Scripture - Acts 3:1
  2. House of God Scripture - 2 Chronicles 2:1,4-5
  3. House of Learning Scripture - Acts 5:42
  4. House of Love and Beauty Scriptures: Psalms 26:8 (love) Psalms 27:4 (beauty)
  5. Holy Place Scripture: Doctrine and Covenants 109:13
  6. House of Order Scripture: Doctrine and Covenants 132:8
  7. House of Faith Scripture: Doctrine and Covenants 88:119
  8. House of Fasting Scripture: Doctrine and Covenants 88:119
  9. House of Glory Scripture: 2 Chronicles 7:1-3

For the younger children you can make these little booklets for them to take home as a reminder to strive to be able to go to the temple one day themselves. (found in the Jan. 1993 Friend Sharing Time, link below).

Cheryl Esplin, "Sharing Time: The Temple—I'm Going There Someday,"Friend, August 2009

Judy Edwards, “Sharing Time: A Temple Is the House of the Lord,” Friend, Jan 1993, 14

13 comments:

  1. This is a great sharing time. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas! Someone else was supposed to do Sharing Time this week, but she got super busy, so here I am on a Friday, looking for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Kelly, I hope you find something you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I stumbled across your link on Sugardoodle! I have been so busy this week with school starting, and here it is Saturday morning and I am trying to do sharing time now. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR IDEAS:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I plan to follow this lesson exactly tomorrow!
    Molly, Chapel Hill, NC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the ideas. I too ran out of time this week started new job on night shift and went out of town for grandchild B-day. You're a life saver. Linda MO.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking the time to put these ideas together. What a service!

    Megan, California

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the ideas! You've saved me every week.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing your ideas with all of us! I have trying to come up with something for tomorrow's sharing time and stumbled across your blog! Thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found you tonight and love all these ideas. I especially like that you seperate Jr. and Sr. Primary. Sometimes it's trick to adapt the lessons for the age group. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great suggestions, beautiful website. I also loved that your site was fast. God bless you for sharing your talents! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will you be posting ideas for August week 2? I hope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I appreciate it that you shared so useful and helpful information.Nice post.I agree with you.Temple is really the gods best house.

    ReplyDelete

Contact

I have changed emails, just for this blog. If you would like to contact me, for any reason, please email me at PrimaryMama.Sunday@gmail.com
PrimaryMama{dot}Sunday{at}gmail{dot}com