Changes Are Constent

Changing interests and focuses in our lives make life more interesting and FUN. With that in mind I have added a couple more blogs: Preschool Learning Adventure and Mama's Reading Nook both are linked to Primarily A Mama blog. This will stay as my main page, but the others you can access through the tabs above. I will make excerpt posts here for each post written on the other blogs and link them so you can just click and go. I hope this will help keep things better organized and clean looking for myself and all of you.

Friday, July 10, 2009

I Will Strengthen My Family. July 2009 week 4

REVERENCE AND KEEPING THE SABBATH DAY HOLY STRENGTHEN MY FAMILY.
This is more for the Jr. Primary aged children. The older kids might like it though.

Exodus 20:8 "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy."
Doctrine and Covenants 59:9 "And that thou mayest more fully keep thyself unspotted from the world, thou shalt go to the house of prayer and offer up thy sacraments upon my holy day;"

Print pictures of Sunday appropriate activities and make either a memory game, serenades, or pictionary. Get an old shirt and attach the spots to it. You will need 12 in all. Put the shirt on and let the children know that you have a problem and need their help. You are having a problem with keeping the sabbath day holy and you have the spots of the world on you. They need to help you get rid of the spots by finding matches of activities that you can do in order to keep the Sabbath Day Holy. Once a match is found (or correct answer is given) have the child place the Sunday activity on top of the dot. You have
Rest
Pray Service Family History
Attend Church and Sacrament
Read good books

Spend time with family.
Listen to Good uplifting music
Visit the sick
Keep thought on Christ or have good thoughts Write in journal
Write letters to family members, missionaries

I used the idea from the July 2009 Sharing time, from the Friend
I used clip art from Sugardoodle.net (the clip art from the Friend)

8 comments:

  1. Really cute idea! I think I will use it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks You So Much! This is what I'm going to do! Such a Cute Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Thanks for the idea. I'm new to the Primary have sharing time tomorrow. I appreciate you doing all the work for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this in Home Evening and my kids liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The clip art is the perfect touch. Just what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for collecting the clipart!! I love not having to 'reinvent the wheel'. I also really like the t-shirt idea; so much more engaging than putting spots on the whiteboard. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the Sabbath Day ideas. Did you know Gods true Sabbath is on Saturday? It was changed by the Roman Catholic Church gradually over the early centuries until a decree by Constantine in 315 AD made it official. Ps I am not a seveth day adventist or Church of God(Armstrong) .I just read the Bible believe it and obey it. There is nothing in there about the Sabbath being changed. The Lords Day is the Sabbath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing, that is great information. I do know that some religions, do have their Sabbath starting Friday at sun down through Saturday.
    When even you celebrate your Sabbath, Saturday or Sunday, what is important is we have it and learn and worship our GOD. May it be a great day for you and may the Spirit of the Lord be with you.
    Thank you for stopping by and commenting. Hope you continue to come back.

    ReplyDelete

Contact

I have changed emails, just for this blog. If you would like to contact me, for any reason, please email me at PrimaryMama.Sunday@gmail.com
PrimaryMama{dot}Sunday{at}gmail{dot}com