Changes Are Constent

Changing interests and focuses in our lives make life more interesting and FUN. With that in mind I have added a couple more blogs: Preschool Learning Adventure and Mama's Reading Nook both are linked to Primarily A Mama blog. This will stay as my main page, but the others you can access through the tabs above. I will make excerpt posts here for each post written on the other blogs and link them so you can just click and go. I hope this will help keep things better organized and clean looking for myself and all of you.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jesus Christ Made it Possible For Me to Live With My Heavely Father Again. April 2009 week 2

I HAVE A TESTIMONY THAT JESUS CHRIST IS MY SAVIOR
(Family Home Evening)

Read John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love each one of us and want us to live with Them again someday.

What is a testimony? A knowledge of the reality of God, the Eternal Father, and his Son, Jesus Christ. This testimony can come only by revelation through the Holy Ghost. (“Lesson Sixteen: Gaining a Testimony through the Holy Ghost,” Family Home Evening Resource Book, (1997),69)

“…It is a conviction, a quiet inward certainty of the reality of the living God, of the divinity of His Beloved Son, of the restoration of Their work in this time. It demands that we do what He has asked us to do.” (Gordon B. Hinckley, “Testimony,” Friend, Oct 1998, inside front cover)

“A testimony is a declaration of faith. In bearing testimony, some say, “I know,” and some say, “I believe.” Others say, “Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief” (Mark 9:24).” (John K. Carmack, “The Roots of a Testimony,” Friend, Jan 1991, inside front cover)

How do we acquire one?
Can our parents, brothers, sisters, or friends give us a testimony? No
Read the scriptures references to learn what the steps are to follow so we can receive our own testimony.

1 Nephi 2:16 "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the mysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did visit me, and did soften my heart that I did believe all the words which had been spoken by my father; wherefore, I did not rebel against him like unto my brothers." (Desire it)

Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." (Ask Heavenly Father for it)

Ether 12:6 "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." (Work hard for it)

John 8:32 "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (Enjoy it)

Alma 32:41 "But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life." (Take care of it)

What must we do to keep our testimony strong?
Keep the commandments of our Heavenly Father,
Attend church meetings, listening attentively,
Living the gospel principles
Study the scriptures to gain a greater knowledge of these truths
Fast and Pray—praying in faith that you will learn the truth by revelation through the power of the Holy Ghost

Do not be discouraged if it takes a long time to gain a testimony. Many have this problem, but they are stronger after struggling. The testimony they gain is worth the struggle.

In the Book of Mormon we read about Alma who was a great and righteous leader. He told his people that the gospel (the word of God) is like a seed that needs caring for every day so it will grow (Alma 32:28-43). Our testimony of Heavenly Father is like that seed. We must care for it every day.
Alma continued to say that if a tree is just beginning to grow, we will nourish it with great care so that it will grow more roots and produce fruit. But if we neglect it and do not nourish it, it will not bear fruit.
Nourish the word of the Lord in them, thinking of the fruit that will come— everlasting life.

(I have a picture of a seed at three stages in my Hallmarks of A Happy Home scroll down until you see "A Treasure of Testimony")

(“Lesson Sixteen: Gaining a Testimony through the Holy Ghost,” Family Home Evening Resource Book, (1997),69)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

I have changed emails, just for this blog. If you would like to contact me, for any reason, please email me at PrimaryMama.Sunday@gmail.com
PrimaryMama{dot}Sunday{at}gmail{dot}com