Changes Are Constent

Changing interests and focuses in our lives make life more interesting and FUN. With that in mind I have added a couple more blogs: Preschool Learning Adventure and Mama's Reading Nook both are linked to Primarily A Mama blog. This will stay as my main page, but the others you can access through the tabs above. I will make excerpt posts here for each post written on the other blogs and link them so you can just click and go. I hope this will help keep things better organized and clean looking for myself and all of you.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jesus Christ Made it Possible For Me to Live With My Heavenly Father Again. April 2009 week 1

IN THE PREMORTAL LIFE, I CHOSE TO FOLLOW JESUS CHRIST
(Family Home Evening)
Did you know that before you where born you lived in Heaven with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We all did. There we decided to follow Heavenly Father's plan to come to earth and gain a body.

Sing - I Lived in Heaven, Children’s Songbook, page 4 One verse at a time then discuss.

I lived in heaven a long time ago, it is true;
Lived there and loved there with people I know. So did you.
Then Heav’nly Father presented a beautiful plan,
All about earth and eternal salvation for man.

(use highlighted parts for the answers.)
Who was with us?
What did we learn from Heavenly Father?

Father said he needed someone who had enough love
To give his life so we all could return there above.
There was another who sought for the honor divine.
Jesus said, “Father, send me, and the glory be thine.”

There was a Great Council in Heaven. We learned that an earth would be provided for us where we would be tested. We would forget our heavenly home, so we could choose good or evil without being influenced by the memory of living with our Heavenly Father. We obey him, here on earth, because of our faith in Him.He would help us recognize the truth. We also learned the purpose for our progression: to have a fullness of joy.
We also learned that because of our weakness, all of us would sin. A Savior would be provided for us so we could overcome our sins and overcome death with resurrection. If we place our faith in him, obeying his word and following his example, we would be exalted and become like our Heavenly Parents. We would receive a fullness of joy.
Chapter 2: Our Heavenly Family,” Gospel Principles, 11 (I did change some of the wording)
“Chapter 1: Before the Old Testament,” Old Testament Stories, 6 has a great summary and pictures.

Jesus was chosen, and as the Messiah he came,
Conquering evil and death through his glorious name,
Giving us hope of a wonderful life yet to be—
Home in that heaven where Father is waiting for me.


For this part I used going to either the Gospel Art Kit or the new Gospel Art Book and so and talk about Christ's life, birth-resurrection, focusing on the Atonement. Ending with the resurrection and how each one of us on earth will be resurrected. Depending how we lived will determine if we live with our Heavenly Father again.

(picture of Christ with the children taken from theideadoor.com Primary 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

I have changed emails, just for this blog. If you would like to contact me, for any reason, please email me at PrimaryMama.Sunday@gmail.com
PrimaryMama{dot}Sunday{at}gmail{dot}com