Changes Are Constent

Changing interests and focuses in our lives make life more interesting and FUN. With that in mind I have added a couple more blogs: Preschool Learning Adventure and Mama's Reading Nook both are linked to Primarily A Mama blog. This will stay as my main page, but the others you can access through the tabs above. I will make excerpt posts here for each post written on the other blogs and link them so you can just click and go. I hope this will help keep things better organized and clean looking for myself and all of you.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Family Members Have Important Responsibilities. March 2009 week 4

I want to send out a special thank-you to Sonya for asking for help on this Sharing Time. She really helped me get focused.

I HAVE MANY FAMILY MEMBERS WHO CAN HELP ME.

"Individual progression is fostered in the family, which is "central to the creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children." The home is to be God's laboratory of love and service. There a husband is to love his wife, a wife is to love her husband, and parents and children are to love one another….' Any discussion of family responsibilities to prepare for exaltation would be incomplete if we included only mother, father, and children. What about grandparents and other ancestors? The Lord has revealed that we cannot become perfect without them; neither can they without us be made perfect…."

Russell M. Nelson, "Salvation and Exaltation," Ensign, May 2008, 7–10

For Jr. Primary find pictures either from the GAK, old Ensigns, or even the lesson picture packets (You can ask a ember of the primary presidency if they have old ones you can look through for pictures.

Summarize /Retell the stories

Leave 5-8 minutes for the to draw/color a picture or write a letter to a family member.

For the Sr. Primary
Split them into groups, give them the pictures and scripture references to find out the answers to: Who are in the picture? How are they related? How do they help each other?

Give them about 3 minute. Then have each group tell the story to the rest of the groups.

Have the children think of an extended family member that has helped them in some way. Give them paper and pencils, to write a letter to that person, thanking them for all they have done.

Ruth and Naomi (Ruth 1-4)

Ruth stayed and helped Naomi, they took care of each other, showed love toward each other.

Adam and Enoch - (Genesis 5: 4-24)

Adam - taught sons and daughters the teaching of Christ.
Enoch was a (4)great-grandson of Adam. He lived a righteous life showing that lessons taught by ancestors are listened too. Because of his faithfulness he and his people where taken to heaven without tasting death.

King Benjamin and Sons of Mosiah

- OK I admit this I really am going on a limb. In his sermon to his people, he talked about what he did for them. Worked hard, was just and fair, righteous, loved God. Sons of Mosiah probably knew him too. Learned to work, had compassion on people (especially after the conversion of Alma the younger).

Esther and Mordecai (Esther 2:5-7, 21-23; 3:13; 7:3-6, 9-10)

Mordecai raised his cousin as his own daughter. She married the king, Mordecai saved the kings life. Ester saved Mordecai's life and the lives of her people (the Jews) from being put to death.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I get a "shout-out" on your blog! Thanks! And thank you for all you do . . . and for the scripture references! I have a new friend! You saved me this month! All credit will go to you! I'm feeling happily blessed!
    Love, Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Than you. It was fun working with you and getting to know you. I would love to be counted moung your friends. You are definatly in my friends list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog! I added you to LDS Listings. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up? It's been WAY too long since you posted an idea on your blog? Did you forget about April? I hope all is well and that your lack of posting isn't something to be worried about . . . I keep checking to see what your latest and greatest is . . . hopefully you will surprise me the next time I come! Take care, Sonya

    ReplyDelete

Contact

I have changed emails, just for this blog. If you would like to contact me, for any reason, please email me at PrimaryMama.Sunday@gmail.com
PrimaryMama{dot}Sunday{at}gmail{dot}com