Changes Are Constent

Changing interests and focuses in our lives make life more interesting and FUN. With that in mind I have added a couple more blogs: Preschool Learning Adventure and Mama's Reading Nook both are linked to Primarily A Mama blog. This will stay as my main page, but the others you can access through the tabs above. I will make excerpt posts here for each post written on the other blogs and link them so you can just click and go. I hope this will help keep things better organized and clean looking for myself and all of you.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Family members have important responsibilities. March 2009 week 2

MOTHERS NURTURE THE FAMILY

Like last week I will start by reading from The Family:A Proclamation to the World, paragraph 7. " The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners." (read all but the last sentence)

What does "Nurture" mean? To feed and protect, to support and encourage, to bring up, train, educate.

For the Younger Children (I'm Still debating wither I will use it for the older children): In the Friend, May, 1983. There is a a Sharing Time called, Remember Mother. I am using the poem found there called Hats off to Mother, with the pictures to go with it.

After the poem ask the children "What are some things your mother does to "nurture" you?"

I will then tell the story of Helaman and the Young Warriors, to show how the young men where trained by their mothers and thought to have faith in God. None of the Helaman's sons died in battle, because they trusted their mother's and their teachings.

* I also will tell the story of Moses, How his mother (Jochebed) protected him from the Pharaoh's edict, in killing all the Israelite baby boys. Jachebed, put her baby in a basket in the river, when he was to big, where the Pharaoh's daughter found him. Mariam offered to find a nurse to take care of the baby. Hence Jochebed was able to take care of her son, even though he was adopted my the Pharaoh's daughter.

Mother's want the best for their children. Sometimes we have to be tough, sometimes we can play, sometimes we are busy, sometimes we can stop and snuggle. First and foremost though mother's love their children.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through "The Idea Door" Thank you for your post! Excellent suggestions!

    -Lauren
    Naples, FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I had no idea I was listed on "The Idea Door." What a wonderful surprise. I am glad you find my suggetions helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Contact

I have changed emails, just for this blog. If you would like to contact me, for any reason, please email me at PrimaryMama.Sunday@gmail.com
PrimaryMama{dot}Sunday{at}gmail{dot}com