Changes Are Constent

Changing interests and focuses in our lives make life more interesting and FUN. With that in mind I have added a couple more blogs: Preschool Learning Adventure and Mama's Reading Nook both are linked to Primarily A Mama blog. This will stay as my main page, but the others you can access through the tabs above. I will make excerpt posts here for each post written on the other blogs and link them so you can just click and go. I hope this will help keep things better organized and clean looking for myself and all of you.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Love My Savior, Jesus Christ, and His Restored Gospel. December 2008, week 2

The Prophecies Were Fulfilled. Jesus Christ Was Born And The Rightous Rejoiced

(GAK 201)
For this Sharing Time I will just be going over the Christmas Story from both the America and Bethaham.
The Friend, December 2008, pages 24-25, 28 has a cute Nativity Scene that I will use as a display.

I will read this Sharing Time Article I found in the December 2003, Friend. (What Is Christmas? By Vicki F. Matsumori)
What is Christmas? President Thomas S. Monson, (First Counselor in the First Presidency, said that Christmas is children, remembering, giving, and prophecy fulfilled (see “What Is Christmas?” Ensign, Dec. 1998, 2–5).
Christmas is children. It is joy, excitement, and hope.
Christmas is remembering. It is a time to remember and show the love Jesus asked us to have for everyone.
Christmas is giving. Sometimes we give things. Other times we give service. President Monson said we “give to our Lord and Savior the gift of gratitude by living His teachings” (Ensign, Dec. 1998, 5).
Christmas is prophecy fulfilled. The angel declared, “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:11).
When Jesus Christ was born, a new star appeared. But not everyone understood what it meant. The Wise Men from the East knew what the star meant. They came to worship Jesus. We can be like the Wise Men.
We can learn about Jesus Christ and follow Him.
What is Christmas? It is when we celebrate the gift our Heavenly Father gave to each of us: the birth of His Son, Jesus Christ. We can give thanks for this gift by showing through our example that we will always follow Him.

To end I will let the children make their own nativity to remeber what Christmas is all about.

1 comment:

  1. That is nice! We are painting wood frames and putting a picture of Jesus in them. We are also writing Jesus Loves and each child will have their name on them. A lot of work but I think it is worth it. Next Sunday I will do the sharing time and show ways remembering Jesus can help us choose the right. I like your blog and will check it when I can. Thanks for sharing. April

    ReplyDelete

Contact

I have changed emails, just for this blog. If you would like to contact me, for any reason, please email me at PrimaryMama.Sunday@gmail.com
PrimaryMama{dot}Sunday{at}gmail{dot}com