The Primary song "I Love to See the Temple" (Children's Songbook, 95) teaches that a temple is "a house of God, a place of love and beauty." It also teaches that a temple is "a holy place where we are sealed together." The next time you sing this song, listen for the words "I'm going there someday." This is a promise you are making to yourself and to Heavenly Father that you will be worthy to enter His holy house.
* 1 Corinthians 3:16–17 Remember—you are a temple of God.
I will live now to be worthy to go to the temple and do my part to have an eternal family.
* Articles of Faith 1:4 Obey the first principles of the gospel.
I will remember my baptismal covenant and listen to the Holy Ghost.
* Psalm 24:3–4 Have clean hands and a pure heart.
* Exodus 20:15 Do not steal.
* Malachi 3:10 Pay tithing.
* Matthew 6:14–15 Forgive others.
* John 13:34-35 Love one another.
* Alma 53:20 Be true at all times.
I will be honest with Heavenly Father, others, and myself.
* D&C 21: 1, 4 Heed the prophet.
* Exodus 20:12 Honor your father and mother.
I will honor my parents and do my part to strengthen my family.
*Exodus 20:7 Do not take the name of God in vain.
I will use the names of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ reverently. I will not swear or use crude words.
* D&C 88:63 Draw near to the Lord: seek, ask, knock.
* Mosiah 2:22 Keep the commandments.
I will choose the right. I know I can repent when I make a mistake.
* D&C 59: 9-10 Keep the Sabbath Day holy.
I will do those things on the Sabbath that will help me feel close to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
* D&C 89: 7-9 Obey the Word of Wisdom.
I will keep my mind and body sacred and pure, and I will not partake of things that are harmful to me.
* 1 Nephi 3:7 Do what the Lord commands.
I will follow Heavenly Father's plan for me.
* Exodus 20:3 Have no other gods.
* 3 Nephi 14:12 Be kind.
I will seek good friends and treat others kindly.
* I will dress modestly to show respect for Heavenly Father and myself.
* I will only read and watch things that are pleasing to Heavenly Father.
* I will only listen to music that is pleasing to Heavenly Father.
Sharing Time: A House of God, By Vicki F. Matsumori Friend, Mar. 2002, 46 and
Sharing Time: I'll Prepare Myself While I Am YoungBy Linda Christensen Friend, June 2008