Changes Are Constent

Changing interests and focuses in our lives make life more interesting and FUN. With that in mind I have added a couple more blogs: Preschool Learning Adventure and Mama's Reading Nook both are linked to Primarily A Mama blog. This will stay as my main page, but the others you can access through the tabs above. I will make excerpt posts here for each post written on the other blogs and link them so you can just click and go. I hope this will help keep things better organized and clean looking for myself and all of you.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Jesus Christ showed me how to do the will of Heavenly Father. March 2008 week 3

I started by have three cars and calling up three children at a time. They had to stay on the road. We raced to see who could get to the church (picture) first. Going to church helps us because we learn what we must do to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus again.

Map 1 - The first one should have a few buildings, including the meetinghouse, on it, but the roads should go in circles that have no destination.

Map 2 - The second map should be of the same neighborhood, but with the roads drawn correctly.

Map 3 - The third map should show a straight pathway between us and Heavenly Father.




After the races are done show the children the first map. Ask them if they could get to church by following the roads on this map. Show them the second map. Have them identify some of the streets and roads on this map. Ask them if they could find their way to church by using this map. Now show them the third map.
Discuss with the children some of the things along the way that the prophet has asked us to do in order to return to Heavenly Father (i.e., baptism, receiving the Holy Ghost, listening to the prophets, reading the scriptures, praying, being kind, obeying the commandments, temple marriage, etc.). Explain that by following the prophet and doing the things he has asked us to do, we will be guided safely back to Father in Heaven. (This idea is taken from the May 2001 Sharing Time Suggestion)

There is someone who has provided us a way to return to our Father in Heaven. He has marked the path that we should go. Who is this person?

Heavenly Father has given us the gospel to give us a path to return to him and Jesus Christ gave us a perfect example. The road has been made for us, we just have to follow it.

Jesus Christ showed me how to do the will of Heavenly Father.
I will follow His example.
I will share the gospel.
I will be kind.
I will be true.
I will speak more reverently.
I will think of His commandments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

I have changed emails, just for this blog. If you would like to contact me, for any reason, please email me at PrimaryMama.Sunday@gmail.com
PrimaryMama{dot}Sunday{at}gmail{dot}com